Dell R640 Server — Great for Growing Businesses
If your business is changing and your company is growing, you need your IT resources to be able to adapt and to do it quickly. That's where the PowerEdge R640 is perfect because it's flexible and scaleable to a great degree.
At Velocity Tech Solutions, we're here to help you as your business alters. We have a wide range of systems, components and spare parts, both new and refurbished, and we can put them together in a way that will best suit your needs so your business can grow rather than being held back by restrictive IT infrastructure.
Creating your Ideal Dell PowerEdge R640 Rack Server
The PowerEdge R640 server is a 1U, compact model that packs a lot into its small form factor. You can create exactly the server you need, and easily upgrade it later, by choosing:
- the chassis model, with varying sizes to fit different racks
- up to two second generation Intel Xeon scalable processors, ranging from 1.70 GHz to 3.60 GHz each and from quad core to 28 cores and up to 56 threads
- DDR4 random access memory with a capacity of eight gigabytes to 64 gigabytes
- a RAID controller that may include non-volatile cache
- up to ten hard drives of varying sizes, capacities and read/write speeds
- network card with a selected number of dual or quad port options
- hot-swappable power supplies with different wattages
- remote access capability
- a sliding rail kit to mount the server
- optional LCD or security bezel.
The server supports a range of operating systems, including open source versions, and has management software that controls the operation and administration of the system. This enables you to monitor and control the server from a Dell server remote management device and also automates the deployment and implementation of applications, software updates and the monitoring and maintenance of the IT infrastructure.
Security as well as Power and Flexibility
The aim is to make the PowerEdge R640 server as powerful, flexible and easy to use as possible while at the same time ensuring its security. For the purposes of enhanced security, it has a secure boot protocol, server lockdown to prevent unauthorized access and a server erase function to remove all data so you can safely dispose of the server at the end of its useful life. Secure logistics also ensures the server is delivered to you safely.
Because of our attention to detail and established practices, the server is delivered to you quickly and ready to use. That applies whether the it is a new server, a refurbished server, pre-built or a customized server, because we know your needs for improved IT infrastructure are often urgent.
Urgency does not mean, however, that we'll cut corners in order to get your equipment to you quicker. We take great pride in everything we supply and apply stringent quality control procedures at every stage. That means you can be assured your server will work perfectly and provide exactly what you need.